The Pixie Cottage Design Team Call
The Pixie Cottage is looking for new Senior and Junior design team members.
We are a rubber stamp company with a wide variety of stamps. We are looking for a handful of design team members who are ready to grow with us and show their talent by making cards, altered art, scrapbook pages and whatever else they can dream up with our products. We will be accepting members for both Junior and Senior Design Teams.
This call is open to talented artists worldwide.
You will be serve a six month term starting October 1, 2010 and ending March 31, 2010.
Deadline for submissions is Sept 12th, 2010 11:59 pm EST.
Members will be contacted by Sept 17th, 2010 via email and announced on or about the 30th of Sept.
Your submission will be acknowledged with a return email within 3-4 days, if you do not receive an acknowledgement, please send another email.
You are asked to COMMENT to this post on The Pixie Cottage Blog regarding this call and provide a link to your blog in the comment section, I can scroll back and look at past work or you can pick three items and post it all together. Also, I would like if you could post a short entry on your blog regarding this design team call with a link the the Pixie Blog. This is not mandatory but is certainly appreciated.
Any papercrafting project with any stamp line is fine for your examples.
For more information and details and to view some of our stamps visit http://www.michellesscrap.com/ and check the left sidebar menu at the top for The Pixie Cottage Stamps.
1. Please submit VIA EMAIL you name, address, phone number, email address, website address and any links to online photo galleries that display your work.
2. Tell us about yourself, what forums on online message boards you frequent, about your life, family, job, whatever you would like us to know.
3. Tell us about any current or past design teams you are on. We are not looking for exclusivity, you are welcome to be on other design teams.
4.YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEND ANY PICTURES IN THIS EMAIL as we will check your blog.
What we will expect from our Senior Design Team members:
This team will be looking specifically for one Tutorial Specialist who will post bi weekly tutorials, videos would be great, but photo/text tutorials are also fine.(If you are interested in this position please specify, and let me know more about your experience with this type of work)
We are also looking for regular senior members.
1. You will need to have your own blog that you maintain and update at least twice weekly. You must actively post cards or other projects featuring The Pixie Cottage products. You will be expected to provide a link on your blog to The Pixie Cottage blog and affiliated store (Michelle's Scrapbooking & More) Also, you will be expected to provide links to other design team members blogs.
2. You will need to provide us with 4 cards/layouts/projects monthly using The Pixie Cottage stamps in whole or in part that will be posted on The Pixie Cottage Blog. These should be posted in our Yahoo Group, you must be able to take good pictures. Pictures must be posted at least 36 hours in advance of the scheduled posting.
3.You will be expected to participate in one (or more if you like) challenges a month (of your choosing…other than The Pixie Cottage challenge) using Pixie Cottage Stamps. You are expected to participate in all Pixie Cottage Challenges, with the exception of one, which can be at your choosing. Also, you need to visit the entries of our challenge as indicated and comment as appropriate, you will be asked to vote on the Top 3. Of course extenuating circumstances are taken into consideration however, if you are not meeting your obligations you next shipment of stamps will be held till you do so.
4. During your 6 month term we would like you to provide one
tutorial for posting on our blog, you choose what topic it is and it does not have to be anything too fancy or complicated. It can be as simple as how to tie the perfect bow. Video is not necessary, photos and typed text is fine. As long as it has not be used in the past. We will schedule these tutorials at the beginning of your term and ask you to pick your date, and have the tutorial ready 48 hours prior to that date.
5. Actively participate on other members blogs and any Pixie blog hops, and participate in some forums such as SCS or PCP.
6.You will be asked to mail 2 projects to us during your term that we will use for conventions/shows or other marketing.
You also give us permission to use any pictures of cards you make during your term for sales in Michelle’s Scrapbooking & More and our affiliated retail stores. Please watermark your photos as you feel is needed, but know that you are giving permission by joining this design team for those cards to be used.
7. We would appreciate your submissions to publications using our products. While this is not necessary to be a part of our team, if you do submit and get published in print you will be paid 50.00 US Dollars in cash or crafting goodies.
8. It is expected that information/photos provided to you remain confidential unless otherwise instructed.
Junior Design Team Members
All terms will be the same as the Senior team except you will not have to provide a tutorial, you will not have to mail any of your cards to us for use in conventions (unless you would like to) and you are only expected to post two projects a month using Pixie Cottage Stamps. (Participating in two Pixie challenges a month--you choose which two)
What to expect from The Pixie Cottage
1. We will provide you with a welcome package at the beginning of your term with enough stamps to get you started. Your stamps will be sent bare red rubber without retail packaging. This will just make it faster for me to get them ready and ship. Occasionally, as time allows I will mount them on cling foam (These stamps normally come mounted when purchased at retail)
2. Your name will be published on our blog and possibly other sites affiliated with The Pixie Cottage, if you wish that your last name not be used that is also fine. Whatever you are comfortable with.
3. You will receive a design team package approx every 6 weeks, or as stamps are released. Junior team will receive 2-3stamps, Senior members 4-6 stamps.
4. 75.00 in cash or 100.00 in paper craft goodies for getting your local stamp store to carry The Pixie Cottage Stamps.
5. The tutorial Artist will receive a coupon code good for 30% off all Pixie Cottage Stamps, and any other merchandise in Michelle’s Scrap booking & More, as will any design team leaders, good for use twice a month. Senior members will receive 25% discount on all products from The Pixie Cottage that you wish to purchase for yourself anytime during your term. In addition you will be provided with a discount code good for 25% off at Michelle’s Scrapbooking & More online store to purchase other products such as punches, paper, spellbinders, other stamps, copics etc, good twice monthly.
Junior Team Members will be provided with a 20% off coupon code good once a month at Michelle’s Scrapbooking for Pixie Cottage Stamps and all supplies.
Any questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com