Rules and Such...

- Challenges are posted every Wednesday
- You may combine this challenge with others
- You can use any products or stamps (you aren't restricted to just using Pixie Cottage, although we would love to see how you use our products too!)
- Post your creation on your blog with a direct link to this challenge
- Entries due by midnight (EST) on the Tuesday night before the next challenge
- Winners will be announced on Fridays!

May 29, 2010

Metal Repousse Tutorial by Tanya





The tools you will need for this type of work areArtEmboss metal sheets (I chose to use the Copper sheet ), Stazon Ink, a thin foam sheet, a wooden stylus tool, and your choice of rubber stamp.




Stamp your image on your choice of metal sheet



Put your foam sheet underneath the metal sheet and start tracing around the areas you want to raise.



Turn the sheet over and add cross hatching, or simply push out the areas you want to pop up. Keep in mind you will be flipping the sheet around many times in order to get the details you want. The metal is forgiving, so have fun with it.



This took me about 20 minutes to complete, but as you can see from the flat image on the right, this technique gives you a 2 dimensional image, with a vintage feel to it.



Last but not least, I mounted it to my card using pop up dots. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial on metal repousse. It is gives you another medium to use all your fabulous stamps on. This is my first tutorial for The Pixie Cottage, please let me know how I did! Any useful tips or hints would be appreciated. Have a wonderful Saturday ladies, Hugs Tanya

12 comments:

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Tanya.
That is simply amazing and quiet frankly absolutely brilliant!!! OMG.....I v
can't stop looking at it!!! Lol!!! Just amazing..... Great work!!

Calypso

Sandra H. said...

Very, very cool looking Tanya! You did a wonderful job!!

Sandra H. said...

I wonder if you can apply a vintage dark ink to it and wipe away the ink on the popped areas, to give it more of a vintage aged look.

Riet said...

Wowwww Tanja,So BEAUTIFUL.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lorrie Munson said...

I remember doing this as a child (some 60 years ago). I love that you have taken an old idea and made it new. I will use it. Thanks you so much. You are very creative and a good demonstrator. Keep up the good work.

EFI said...

Wooow it is amazing!!! Thank you so much for your tutorial!

Judi said...

What a fantastic technique, and great tutorial, thank you so much.

Judi xx

artish said...

super beautiful!!!! love the dimension!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Wow Tanya, that is really amazing!

Davi said...

Tanya, That is really fabulous!! Love the dimension that it creates.

Beverly G said...

Brilliant detail,Great tutorial, look forward to you doing some more.I've enjoyed playing here at your blog.

TYCAALAK'S DESIGNS said...

WOW! That is just stunning!!!!!

Post a Comment