Rules and Such...

- Challenges are posted every Wednesday
- You may combine this challenge with others
- You can use any products or stamps (you aren't restricted to just using Pixie Cottage, although we would love to see how you use our products too!)
- Post your creation on your blog with a direct link to this challenge
- Entries due by midnight (EST) on the Tuesday night before the next challenge
- Winners will be announced on Fridays!

Mar 13, 2010

Super Envelope Card Tutorial from Anne

It's time for another tutorial here at The Pixie Cottage and this week our super talented Design Team member Anne from Anne's Hobby Blog is going to show you how to make an envelope card from a single sheet of 12" by 12" paper.
I'll turn you over to Anne now.
All you need is a 12" x 12" double sided design paper and a double sided tape. You can use a sewing machine if you don't want to use tape, and to make pretty folds you can use a bone folder.


Step 1
Fold the paper in the middle, and open it again.

Step 2
Turn it 90 degrees and fold it in the middle again. (Now you have folds who marks the center of
the paper.)


Step 3
Fold all four corners into the center of the paper.


Your card should look like this at this point.....

Step 4
Turn around the paper so the folds are downward.

Step 5
Make a new fold in the middle.

Step 6
You are now ready to glue it together or do as I prefere, use a sewing machine.


Step 7
Are you going to use a sewing machine it's smart to start sewing at the top of the tip. If you do it that way you can hide the tread from the start and ending under the tape. See the next picture.
(It's not needed to sew the bottom, but I prefere to sew all the way around the envelope.)


After you have added double sided tape or done the sewing it is finished, and ready for decorating.
Step 8
I use double sided tape to add a ribbon/lace on the middle for clousure. (And the tread on the tip is hidden under the tape.)

You can write text direct into the envelope card or make a extra card to put inside.
My card measure 4" x 8 "

Some like to cover the back with another piece of paper. I think it's pretty as it is.

Here is my envelope card when I have finished the decorating.

Hope this tutorial triggs your creativeness. Have fun!

Hugs from Anne

25 comments:

cheryl said...

oh this is gorjus love the paper you have used great tutorial too hugs cheryl xxx

Janette said...

This is beautiful,found your tutorial easy to follow to,thankyou for sharing.x

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is wonderful! Can't wait to try it.
Hugs
Tanya

Sandra H. said...

This looks wonderful Anne!!! Very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

I will give this a try. Thanks for the tutorial..... & what a gorgeous envelope!
WOW. It is a work of art! :)

Beautiful Greetings said...

Gorgeous Anne! Thanks for the fantastic tutorial!

marilynwillauer said...

Gorgeous!!! I love having tutorials to follow, thanks for sharing. I would love to know where you got your adorable roses?

Tindaloo said...

great tutorial! thanks :)

Anne said...

Marilyn, I bought my flowers from Thailand
But they look like the mulberry roses from Prima and Michelle have some in her store!

I use to cut of some of the green leafs under the flower =)

Hugs, Anne

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous Anne, This would be so pretty for a wedding or special occasion. Thanks for sharing your creative talent!
Hugs,
Pam

Sugar said...

Oooh those are amazing..I have been looking for ways to make envelopes..yay!!!!

♥ Sonja Bekker ♥ said...

wow,love this tutorial
gonna give it a try:)

Thank you Anne

xx Sonja

Risa said...

Wow..wow..wow...what an awesome tutorial Anne! I haven't tried making my own envelopes yet but I have definitely been inspired! Thanks for sharing, your envelope is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

wintam said...

This is so beautiful! I love it, thanks for the clear tutorial!

Moira said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!!

Nikki said...

great tut love the idea of this thanks :)

Cheryl said...

Absolutely love this envelope tutorial. I just finished making one tonight! Thanks!

Susie Little said...

Thank you for this tutorial, I really enjoyed making mine! xx

Smita said...

Fantastic tutorial... I am going to try it very soon. :-)

Beate said...

Gorgeous!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Thanks for a fabulous tutorial!

Kristy Tyra said...

How cool! I'm definitely gonna try this when I get home!

Margaret said...

Thank you it is just what I wanted for a friends birthday. I have published my version to my blog. Thank you for a great easy to follow tutorial. Margaret

Asas à imaginação said...

I loved this envelope card tutorial!!!
I gonna try, certainly!
Hugs
Marlei

Thatha said...

Thanks for the tutorial (≧◡≦)

Post a Comment