The Pixie Cottage is looking for a Senior and Junior design team ,as well as a Tutorial Specialist and Sketch artist, and one artist who specializes in Scrapbook related art.
We are a rubber stamp company with a wide variety of stamps. We are looking for a handful of design team members who are ready to grow with us and show their talent by making cards, altered art, scrapbook pages and whatever else they can dream up with our products. We will be accepting members for both Junior and Senior Design Teams.
This call is open to talented artists worldwide.
You will be serve a six month term starting April 1, 2010 and ending October 1, 2010.
Deadline for submissions is March 15th, 2010 11:59 pm EST.
Members will be contacted by March 19th, 2010 via email and announced on or about before 30th of March.
Your submission will be acknowledged with a return email within 72 hours, if you do not receive an acknowledgement, please send another email. You are asked to respond to this post on The Pixie Cottage Blog regarding this call and provide a link to your blog which has available at least three examples of your recent work. I can scroll back and look at past work or you can pick three items and post it together in one entry on your blog. Also, I would like if you could post a short entry on your blog regarding this design team call with a link the this Pixie Blog entry.
Any papercrafting project with any stamp line is fine for this purpose.
1. Please submit VIA EMAIL your name, address, phone number, email address, website blog address and any links to online photo galleries that display your work.
2. Tell us about yourself, what forums on online message boards you frequent, about your life, family, job, whatever you would like us to know.
3. Tell us about any current or past design teams you are on. We are not looking for exclusivity, you are welome to be on other design teams.
4. Tell us what you hope to contribute to the design team.
5. Tell us which team you are applying for, or if you are interested in Tutorial Specialist, Sketch Artist, or Scrapbook position.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEND ANY PICTURES IN THIS EMAIL as we will check your blog.
What we will expect from our Senior Design Team members:
This team will be looking specifically for one Tutorial Specialist who will post bi-weekly tutorials. Videos would be great, but photo/text tutorials are also fine.(If you are interested in this position please specify when applying, and let me know more about your experience with this type of work)
We are also looking for regular senior members, as well as someone who enjoys doing sketches for our challenge.
1. You will need to have your own blog that you maintain and update at least twice weekly. You must actively post cards or other projects featuring The Pixie Cottage products. You will be expected to provide a link on your blog to The Pixie Cottage blog and affiliated store (Michelle's Scrapbooking & More) Also, you will be expected to provide links to other design team members blogs.
2. You will need to provide us with 4 cards/layouts/projects monthly using The Pixie Cottage stamps in whole or in part that will be posted on The Pixie Cottage Blog. These should can be sent via email to me or the Team Leader designated to oversee this, or they can be posted in our Yahoo Group, you must be able to take good pictures. Pictures must be posted at least 36 hours in advance of the scheduled posting.
3.You will be expected to participate in one (or more if you like) challenges a month (of your choosing…other than The Pixie Cottage challenge) using our products. You are expected to participate in all Pixie Cottage Challenges, with the exception of one, which you can sit out of your choosing. Also, you need to visit the entries of our challenges as indicated and comment as appropriate, you will be asked to vote on the Top 3. Of course extenuating circumstances are taken into consideration however, if you are not meeting your obligations you next shipment of stamps will be held until you do so.
4. During your 6 month term we would like you to provide one
tutorial for posting on our blog, you choose what topic it is and it does not have to be anything too fancy or complicated. It can be as simple as how to tie the perfect bow. Video is not necessary, photos and typed text is fine. As long as it has not be used in the past. We will schedule these tutorials at the beginning of your term and ask you to pick your date, and have the tutorial ready 48 hours prior to that date.
5. Actively participate on other members blogs and any Pixie blog hops, and participate in some forums such as SCS and PCP.
6.You will be asked to mail 2 projects to us during the first three months of your term that we will use for conventions/shows or other marketing. These will not be returned.
You also give us permission to use any pictures of cards you make during your term for sales in Michelle’s Scrapbooking & More and our affiliated retail stores. Please watermark your photos as you feel is needed, but know that you are giving permission by joining this design team for those cards to be used.
7. We would appreciate your submissions to publications using our products. While this is not necessary to be a part of our team, if you do submit and get published in print you will be paid 50.00 in cash or crafting goodies.
8. It is expected that information/photos provided to you remain confidential unless otherwise instructed.
Junior Design Team Members
All terms will be the same as the Senior team except you will not have to provide a tutorial, you will not have to mail any of your cards to us for use in conventions (unless you would like to) and you are only expected to post two projects a month using The Pixie Cottage Stamps. For this time we would also like someone who works mainly with scrapbook pages and mini albums. We carry many larger size stamps that are appropriate for this type of papercrafting.
What to expect from The Pixie Cottage
1. We will provide you with a welcome package at the beginning of your term with enough stamps to get you started. Your stamps will be sent bare red rubber without retail packaging. This will just make it faster for me to get them ready and ship. Occasionally, as time allows I will mount them on cling foam (These stamps normally come mounted on cling when purchased at retail)
2. Your name will be published on our blog and possibly other sites affiliated with The Pixie Cottage, if you wish that your last name not be used that is also fine. Whatever you are comfortable with.
3. You will receive a design team package approx every 6 weeks, or as stamps are released. Junior team will receive 2-3stamps, Senior members 4-6 stamps.
4. 75.00 in cash or 100.00 in paper craft goodies for getting your local stamp store to carry The Pixie Cottage Stamps.
5. The tutorial Artist and sketch artists will receive a coupon code good for 30% off all Pixie Cottage Stamps, and any other merchandise in Michelle’s Scrap booking & More, as will any design team leaders, good for use twice a month. Senior members will receive 25% discount on all products from The Pixie Cottage that you wish to purchase for yourself anytime during your term. In addition you will be provided with a discount code good for 25% off at Michelle’s Scrapbooking & More online store to purchase other products such as punches, paper, spellbinders, other stamps, copics etc, good twice monthly.
Junior Team Members will be provided with a 20% off coupon code good twice a month at Michelle’s Scrapbooking for Pixie Cottage Stamps and all supplies.
PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH TEAM OR POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR WHEN YOU EMAIL ME.
PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH TEAM OR POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR WHEN YOU EMAIL ME.
Any questions please feel free to email me at email@example.com
Hi all here's a link to my blog, hope I've done it right , now just to send my email. Hope you get loads of applicants and then you'll get just the right teams for you, good luck in finding the perfect people and to everyone who applies to. Thanks Julye
Hi there!! sending a link to my blog and will be getting my email sent to you ASAP. Thank you so much for the chance to apply to your fabulous team!! :0)
Hello to The Pixie Cottage Stamp Team!! THANKS for the chance to apply to highlight and work with your wonderful stamp line!!! I will be sending you an email ASAP. I plan on making a mini-book for you also, since my blog is mostly cards.
Hi Michelle, I've just sent you an email with all the info for the call. Here is a link to my blog. You can see most of my work including new posts from this week. Thanks for the chance to apply to your team. Good luck with the search. :)
I'll be sending you an email in just a few minutes! Thanks so much for this wonderful opportunity :)
Please feel free to stop by my blog! The Quiet Moments
How Awesome is this!!! What a great oppurtunity for so many talented Stampers. I have just sent along my email to try out for the design team. You can find my blog at the address below. I just posted my 3 selections on there for the Call. Thank you so much :-)
What an amazing opportunity! I've sent you an email and wanted to say thank you for the opportunity to design with you. You can view my blog post re: DT call at
I look forward to hearing from you :)
I sent my email for the DT call... So exciting!
My blog is www.megbeedesigns.blogspot.com
Thank you for a wonderful oppurtunity!
So excited for a chance to join this team. I have sent my email for the DT call and my blog is www.scrapinsweetheart.blogspot.com
Hello Pixie cottage team!! What a fun opportunity!!! Thanks for the chance to apply! You can find my blog HERE . I also sent you an email with all my details. good luck in your search, Erin
Sent the email. Now here is my post Here Thanks Gloria M.
I am sending my email in today, I have posted the Design Team Call on my blog in hopes to send many applicants your way.
Here is my blogg
Good Luck to each and every applicant,
I would be a fool if I didn't took this chance!
I have posted a Design Team Call on my blog and also uploaded 3 projects for you.
You can find my projects here.
I wish us ALL good luck ;)
I'd love to be concidered. I've e-mailed you and here's my post with my top three. Thanks for looking:
Hello and thank you for this opportunity to apply. My blog can be found at: www.createatdreamscrapbooks.blogspot.com/ My projects are listed under "My Works" tab on my blog. Thanks for looking!
Thank you for this opportunity! My blog can be found at www.createatdreamscrapbooks.blogspot.com and my projects are listed under "My Works" tab on my blog. Thank you for looking!
Good luck everyone!
Hope I'm not too late. Thanks for this wonderful chance to apply for a DT position. My Blog
Post a Comment